We are looking for a passionate and experienced UX designer to come and join our team. This is an opportunity for someone curious, empathetic and organised, who has an eye for detail and wants to take their career to the next level. Our company provides strategy, design, integration and engineering services to public and private sector clients.
Reporting to the Head of UX, you will responsible for the production of user flows, information architecture, information design, interaction design, content mapping and documentation on some really interesting projects. You will have strong problem solving skills and an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
We strongly believe that Design should be inclusive and collaborative. We work with our clients as peers and encourage participation from everyone on the team. Their opinion matters and shapes the design.
We recognise that great design requires ongoing feedback, iteration and the desire for constant improvement. Our UX team continuously aims at making the design better.
- A strong practical point of view of User Experience with a solid knowledge of Design Thinking; including process, techniques and methodologies
- Strong understanding of user centred design with solid information architecture & interaction design experience
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to interpret user research and data to develop insights leading to working UX theories and concepts
- Proven experience of the process from ideation through to delivery of customer experiences
- A collaborative and influential style when working with stakeholders
- Ability to articulate design choices and present them to stakeholders
- Creative problem solver with the ability to tackle a wide range of UX challenges
- Demonstrated knowledge in web, mobile and native platforms (iOS, Android, etc)
- Experience working closely with developers in Agile or equivalent fast paced environments
- 3-5 years of experience working in an agency environment
- Create wireframes that illustrate site layout, navigation, controls and content prioritisation
- Develop and maintain sitemap and wireframe mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications and other design documents to communicate design ideas
- Document design before handover to development teams for implementation
- Create navigational models that are aligned with the defined user experience and business requirements
- Work with development teams to make sure that the information architecture reflects the customer's needs
- Collaborate with designers on visual comps and provide input from an information architecture perspective
- When required, facilitate co-creation workshops with domain knowledge experts and product managers and know when to step back and step in
- Experience of delivering according to the GDS Service Manual
- Experience of working with Ontologies and Linked / Open Data
- A general interest in digital technologies in terms of the opportunities they bring and the constraints they may impose
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Interest in Service Design
London based although some travel within the UK may be required.
To apply please send a CV and Portfolio of work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Research, Development & Learning (RDL)
Each individual's RDL programme is unique and designed in collaboration with your line manager. You might spend this time doing formal certification, contributing to open source software or evaluating a new technology or mastering a framework you already know.
There is a 10% annual bonus scheme, of which 5% is based on personal performance and 5% on company profitability.
Digirati will match your personal contribution to your pension by up to 5%.
Employees are entitled to a 4 week sabbatical after 5 years with the company which can be amalgamated with annual leave to provide an opportunity to take time out.
Employees will receive a £500 bonus if they refer a fellow employee who successfully completes their probation period.
Working from Home
Employees will spend the majority of their time in the office but there is some scope for working from home at managerial discretion.
Client schedules permitting we can be flexible when employees start and end work.