Continuously enrich your metatdata whilst benefiting from automated tagging and standards based taxonomy management.
So what is Powertagging?
Powertagging is the automated tagging of content. It integrates into your Content Management System, Document Management or Digital Asset Management editorial interfaces and automatically suggests tags based on your own taxonomy which is managed using a dedicated service. These tags can be manually approved or adjusted. Any new tags can be resubmitted as candidate terms to your Taxonomy Manager for continual enrichment.
What are the benefits?
- Save time applying tags to content through automation.
- Terms and concepts used for tagging are based on specialised taxonomies and vocabularies for better contextual quality versus a generic auto-tagging service.
- These specialised taxonomies and vocabularies continue to develop as part of your day-to-day content workflow in a ‘cycle of enrichment’.
- Extend your Thesaurus to other pre-existing vocabularies for further enrichment and time saving.
- By decoupling your Taxonomy management from a specific content repository you can create a ‘knowledge network’ that can be managed and enriched independently as well as applied to new information systems.
- All this drives improved discovery layers including search, related content and personalisation working across system siloes and even across multiple organisations.
What technology is being used? Will it work with my CMS?
The CMS we have integrated with to prove the concept is Umbraco, the prominent open source .NET CMS. If you have a different CMS, DMS or DAM it should be possible to integrate with that too, contact us and we will be happy to investigate.
The taxonomy management and extraction of tags is achieved using an integration with PoolParty Thesaurus Server and Extractor. Built on Semantic Web Standards, PoolParty is a market leader in this space (www.poolparty.biz).
For more advanced graph-based Discovery Layers driven by Linked Data this solution can facilitate the necessary Ontology Management and the application of the ontology to content referenced within a Triple Store.
Can I have a play?
Sure. Please get in touch and we will be happy to set up a demo for you.Get in touch