Communications/Community ManagerPermanent, Part Time (a. 20 hours per week), UK-based
Digirati are looking to hire a new Communications / Community Manager to help us better communicate the work that we are doing within cultural heritage and scholarly research, in order to help increase awareness and engagement with these sector communities.
This role will involve:
- Creating, planning and implementing communications strategies.
- Writing about our activities and latest developments in these sectors, keeping our digital channels up to date, coordinating other authors within the company.
- Planning our involvement in sector conferences.
- Organising community events / initiatives for users of our open source software, and for others that may be curious.
- Engaging with our team for similar internal events and initiatives that help with communication and collaboration.
- Managing any incoming enquiries about our work and services.
Candidate Skills and Experience
You will need proven experience working in a similar role with a selection of the following:
- A background in the cultural heritage and/or scholarly research sectors, including a high level understanding of the software landscape.
- Experience planning and leading communication strategies and/or community initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Digitally savvy, including experience writing for the web and social media management.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills, able to build relationships with customers and professionals from the sector, and in some cases the media.
- Solid organisational / logistical skills, experience of organising events.
We are looking for someone who can bring a lot of energy to this role. Developments in these areas need to be something you already feel invested in.
Ideally you would be based in the UK, we have offices in London or Glasgow, proximity to one of those would be useful. Either way occasional travel will be required.
We would ideally like to start the role early 2020.
Please send your details to email@example.com
Research, Development & Learning (RDL)
Each individual's RDL programme is unique and designed in collaboration with your line manager. You might spend this time doing formal certification, contributing to open source software or evaluating a new technology or mastering a framework you already know.
There is a 10% annual bonus scheme, of which 5% is based on personal performance and 5% on company profitability.
Digirati will match your personal contribution to your pension by up to 5%.
Employees are entitled to a 4 week sabbatical after 5 years with the company which can be amalgamated with annual leave to provide an opportunity to take time out.
Employees will receive a £500 bonus if they refer a fellow employee who successfully completes their probation period.
Working from Home
Employees will spend the majority of their time in the office but there is some scope for working from home at managerial discretion.
Client schedules permitting we can be flexible when employees start and end work.