Front End Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Depends on Experience
Location: Glasgow or London (Hybrid Working Model)
This is an opportunity for a capable engineer with a professional attitude and mature mindset to join our award winning practice. The successful candidate would join an existing team, to work primarily on a new project to deliver an enhanced user experience for a global B2B content and data platform. This project involves developing a series of roadmap improvements, altering the way in which content is made available to users. The front end delivery is a greenfield project using React, TypeScript and SASS, interacting with backend APIs for content and data.
You’ll be working as part of an experienced multidisciplinary team in an agile project delivery.
You will have a chance to develop your skill set initially within this project setting, with opportunities to get involved in other projects and product delivery. You will be the voice of front end development during planning activities, with the opportunity to push yourself into architecture and design of robust front end solutions in the future.
What you’ll do
- Build large, data-driven websites, collaborating with Backend developers to produce well-defined and robust API specifications.
- Work closely with clients throughout projects to ensure that expectations are aligned.
- Work closely with the UX team to solve user-centric problems with an iterative and collaborative workflow.
- Work as part of a highly motivated team, using Lean and Agile principles to help deliver successful outcomes for our clients
Skills and experience you have:
- Experience with crafting accessible and well-structured markup.
- Experience with a typed JS-targeting language. We like Typescript, but we’re interested in your experience with Flow or Elm too.
- Experience with using React
- Experience with using unit and integration testing to produce maintainable code. We like Jest and Cypress
- Experience with Git and peer reviews.
- Good understanding of APIs and web integration with backend systems
- Experience with other UI frameworks (Angular, Vue etc.)
- NodeJS for servers – express, middleware, caching, deployments, production considerations.
- NodeJS for tooling – Creating CLI tooling node fs, net, path, compilation.
- An informed understanding of application performance, when to optimise and how to profile performance.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery for example Azure DevOps
Know something that’s not on the list? Mention it in your cover letter when applying. Digirati is always open to exploring new technology, championed by individuals in the company. We strive to use the best tools and practices for the job.
Candidate Attitude & Behaviours:
To deliver successful outcomes for our clients Digirati requires great team players who:
- Must have good interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate with others
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Have a passion for technology and seeking innovative solutions
- Are comfortable learning new technologies, languages, tools, processes and applicable domain knowledge
- Are pragmatic in decision making, capable of balancing trade-offs where necessary
- Flexible and willing to travel to client sites on occasion
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Digirati’s success is down to our talented people. We are a trusted partner of various high profile clients and always strive to deliver projects in an innovative way utilising the latest practices and technologies to continually develop our team’s knowledge and experience. Our focus is on working closely with customers to push the boundaries and develop innovative products and solutions that exceed their expectations.
Digirati are committed to being an equal opportunities employer. There is a particular issue within our industry regarding gender representation, our gender balance is significantly higher than the industry average, we believe this has had a very positive impact on our overall culture.
We have a strong ethos of collaboration and continuous improvement, therefore we invest in our staff to improve skills and share knowledge throughout the organisation. We work with agile at scale, staff work in agile teams and participate in communities of practice according to their interests; this creates a dynamic open working culture that is flat in structure and empowers staff to drive their own work and development.
Research, Development & Learning (RDL)
Each individual’s RDL programme is unique and designed in collaboration with your line manager. You might spend this time doing formal certification, contributing to open source software or evaluating a new technology or mastering a framework you already know. We are extending this further to provide a scheduled day per month for the wider team to work collaboratively together on areas relevant to their skill sets and interests.
Client schedules permitting we can be flexible when employees start and end work
There is an annual bonus scheme based on personal performance and company profitability.
Digirati will match your personal contribution to your pension by up to 5%.