Senior Front End Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Depends on Experience
Location: Central Scotland (Hybrid Working Model)
This is an opportunity for a capable and experienced senior front end developer to join our award winning practice. The successful candidate would join an existing team, to work primarily on an ongoing project to deliver an enhanced user experience for a global B2B content and data platform. This project involves designing and delivering a series of roadmap improvements, refreshing existing technologies and delivering a platform that supports regular iterative improvements based on client feedback.
The front end delivery uses React, TypeScript and SASS, interacting with backend APIs for content and data.
You’ll be working as part of an experienced multidisciplinary team in agile project delivery.
We are looking for someone who wants to continue to develop and improve their front end skills, gain more experience in steering and enhancing a large codebase and take ownership of the front end practice within Digirati over time.
You will have opportunities to get involved in other Digirati projects and product development. This will include being involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from initial project and product discovery, architecture and design through to implementation and delivery.
What you’ll do
- Build large, data-driven websites producing high quality maintainable code
- Support/Influence the design and development of complex software solutions
- Work closely with clients throughout projects to ensure that expectations are aligned
- Work closely with the UX and Back end teams to solve user-centric problems with an iterative and collaborative workflow
- Work as part of a highly motivated team, using Lean and Agile principles to help deliver successful outcomes for our clients
Skills and experience you have:
- Experience with crafting accessible and well-structured markup
- Experience with a typed JS-targeting language. We like Typescript, but we’re interested in your experience with Flow or Elm too
- Experience with using React
- Extensive experience working with state management libraries such as react-query or redux
- Experience with using unit and integration testing to produce maintainable code. We like Jest and Cypress
- Yarn workspaces/Lerna – creating and managing repos, setting up tests, builds and deployments
- Experience with Git and peer reviews
- Good understanding of APIs and web integration with backend systems
- An informed understanding of application performance, when to optimise and how to profile performance.
- Natural self-motivation with a passion for delivering excellence
- Great communication skills with the ability to build strong professional relationships
- Curiosity with an ongoing desire to develop and learn
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must have experience in a client facing role
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience
- Experience with other UI frameworks (Angular, Vue etc.)
- NodeJS for servers – express, middleware, caching, deployments, production considerations
- NodeJS for tooling – Creating CLI tooling node fs, net, path, compilation.
- Experience working with Storybook or similar
- Experience working with cloud services such as AWS / Azure or similar
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery approaches and practices
- Experience with DevOps including Docker, Git actions, Netlify, Travis, Azure DevOps or similar
Know something that’s not on the list? Mention it in your cover letter when applying. Digirati is always open to exploring new technology, championed by individuals in the company. We strive to use the best tools and practices for the job.
Candidate Attitude & Behaviours:
To deliver successful outcomes for our clients Digirati requires great team players who:
- Must have good interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate with others
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a passion for technology and seeking innovative solutions
- Are comfortable learning new technologies, languages, tools, processes and applicable domain knowledge
- Have the ability to follow process but remain flexible in achieving project objectives
- Are pragmatic in decision making, capable of balancing trade-offs where necessary
- Are flexible and willing to travel to client sites on occasion
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Digirati’s success is down to our talented people. We are a trusted partner of various high profile clients and always strive to deliver projects in an innovative way utilising the latest practices and technologies to continually develop our team’s knowledge and experience. Our focus is on working closely with customers to push the boundaries and develop innovative products and solutions that exceed their expectations.
Digirati are committed to being an equal opportunities employer. There is a particular issue within our industry regarding gender representation, our gender balance is significantly higher than the industry average, we believe this has had a very positive impact on our overall culture.
We have a strong ethos of collaboration and continuous improvement, therefore we invest in our staff to improve skills and share knowledge throughout the organisation. We work with agile at scale, staff work in agile teams and participate in communities of practice according to their interests; this creates a dynamic open working culture that is flat in structure and empowers staff to drive their own work and development.
Research, Development & Learning (RDL)
Each individual’s RDL programme is unique and designed in collaboration with your line manager. You might spend this time doing formal certification, contributing to open source software or evaluating a new technology or mastering a framework you already know. We are extending this further to provide a scheduled day per month for the wider team to work collaboratively together on areas relevant to their skill sets and interests.
Client schedules permitting we can be flexible when employees start and end work
There is an annual bonus scheme based on personal performance and company profitability.
Digirati will match your personal contribution to your pension by up to 5%.